The sport of agility is very popular among dog enthusiasts and weekend warriors alike! It’s a great way to meet alike people, get exercise, and build a great relationship with your dog. Do you think you and your dog might like to try agility? Here at Lucky Dog, we’re very beginner friendly and can help you from your first lesson to your first competition and beyond! If you’re new to the sport, you can contact our front desk to get more information about how to get started.
Agility classes run on a skills-based system- that is, you don’t move on to the next level until you’ve mastered the class you’re currently in. You can view the level structure below.
Before enrolling in any agility class, dogs must have completed Advanced Manners or get agility trainer pre-approval, be up to date on vaccinations, and be 8 months or older. If you've trained in agility elsewhere, please contact us to set up an evaluation to determine which class you should start.
Foundations through Beginner 3 - $200 for a six-week class that meets for 50 minutes, once a week
Pre-Novice through Masters- $175 for a six-week class that meets for 50 minutes, once a week
A strong foundation is crucial for learning agility! This class will work on developing handler skills and learning basic obstacles.
The Beginner 1 class starts laying the groundwork on your rock solid foundation. This class focuses on some of the more challenging obstacles like weaves and the teeter.
The Beginner 2 class introduces the final obstacles you’ll see on a course and increases the height of contact obstacles. This class also introduces more difficult handling skills.
The Beginner 3 class is where it all starts to come together. This class polishes up your obstacles and introduces more complex handling.
The Pre-Novice class is for teams who are gearing up to compete! This class focuses on longer sequences, more advanced handling, perfecting full height contacts and closing weaves.
Competition Level 1
The Competition Level clases are for teams who have the skill level to start competing (whether they want to trial or not). These classes run full courses while paying special attention to areas that still need work.
Teams should be competent on all equipment, including 12 straight weaves, and running full courses at Novice to Open levels.
Competition Level 2
Teams shoud be competent on all equipment and running full courses at Advanced - Excellent - Senior levels.
This course is for serious teams who are competing at the Masters/International level. This class runs full courses to hone your skills.
Agility Ring Rentals
The agility ring is available to rent ($25 for 30 minutes) with the following criteria:
- Ring rentals must be booked and paid for in advance (24 hour cancelation is required for refunds)
- Agility Equipment can not be moved! Please call ahead to see what equipment is out.
- Max 2 dog/handler teams per half hour rental
- Closed toe shoes (tenny shoes preferred) must be warn
- If contact equipment needs to be adjusted, you must ask an employee to change it
- No water bowls in the ring
- Clean up any accidents immediately
- You will lose your privilage to rent our agility ring if your dog marks the equipment, shows any aggression to people or dogs, if any type of harsh physical or verbal correction is used by the handler, or if you use equipment that you have not been approved to use.
- Lucky Dog Students in Pre-Novice level and above are pre-approved for ring rentals
- Lucky Dog Students in Beginner 2 & 3 must have agility instructor approval prior to booking
- Lucky Dog Students in Agility Foundations or Beginner 1 are not cleared to rent the agility ring
- Non-Lucky Dog Students must complete an evaluation and have one of the following to rent the agility ring:
USDAA Starters or Novice Std Title, UKI 2 Q's in Beginner or Nov., Novice Std in all other venues
If you are enrolled in a Lucky Dog agility class, contact the facility or stop by the desk to book a ring rental! Current Lucky Dog agility students also receive $5 off the cost.
If you train elsewhere or are self-taught, you will need to schedule an evaluation with an agility instructor prior to scheduling ring rentals to ensure your dog can safely use the equipment under positive training methods. This evaluation will be approximately 20-30 minutes and is $50. Please contact the facility at email@example.com or (817) 741-3647 to schedule a ring rental evaluation.